For Glen Head, NY Chimney Cap Maintenance and Installations, Contact Chimney King
As a leading chimney maintenance and repair specialist, Chimney King provides the fast, reliable, and affordable chimney care services that Nassau County homeowners have grown to rely on. We’ve been in business since 1982, and in that time, our highly trained technicians – which includes local firefighters – have cleaned, maintained, and repaired countless chimneys throughout the area.
As a full-scale chimney care company, we provide a wide range of services, including chimney cap replacements and installations. If your chimney cap is dirty, damaged or missing – or you aren’t sure what condition this essential feature is in and want to have it inspected – you can count on the experts at Chimney King to perform a complete inspection and make the necessary repairs to correct the problem. If your chimney has never been capped, our technicians can handle brand new installations, too.
What is a Chimney Cap?
A chimney is comprised of several different features, and each one serves an integral role in safe fireplace operation. The cap – also known as a flue guard or a rain cover – sits on top of the chimney. Usually constructed of durable, heat-resistant metal, such as copper or stainless steel, a cap covers the opening of the chimney while still allowing heat and smoke to exhaust out of the structure.
Why is a Chimney Cap Important?
There seems to be a lot of debate about the importance of chimney caps; some think they aren’t important, while others say they are essential. At Chimney King, we’re in the latter group. Chimney caps are the easiest and most affordable way to protect your chimney – and your home – from and costly damages. Without a cap, your chimney is basically a big hole in your roof, and everyone knows a roofs and holes don’t mix.
Chimney caps provide numerous benefits, including the prevention of several major problems, such as the following:
- Water damage. Without a cap, rain, snow, and sleet would drip down your chimney and into your fireplace, damaging the flue, the damper, and the firebox along the way.
- Obstructions. If your chimney is left opened at the top, dirt and debris, such as twigs, leaves, and acorns would fall into the structure. If those exterior elements accumulate, they can create a major obstruction. A cap can also keep animals, like bats, raccoons, squirrels, and other critters that like to seek the shelter of warm, dark places out of your chimney.
- Fires. As wood burns in your fireplace, embers can be pushed upward by gases and heat. Without a chimney cap, those embers could fall on your roof, surrounding structures, or trees and cause a fire. A cap keeps embers inside the chimney, reducing the risk of fire.
- Poor ventilation. In order for a fire to burn as efficiently as possible, it needs even, consistent ventilation. A cap prevents big gusts of wind from forcing their way down the chimney and onto the fire, which could cause a massive burst of flames or completely extinguish the blaze. Additionally, because chimney caps aid in proper ventilation, they can help to prevent excessive creosote buildup inside the flue, a highly flammable substance that can prevent combustion by-products from safely exiting your fireplace and can spark a chimney fire.
- Energy conservation. Lastly, a chimney cap can help to conserve energy, as it prevents external air from pushing into the structure and maintains a more consistent temperature inside your home.
Considering all the benefits that a chimney cap provides, it’s easy to see why we think this feature is so important, and why we urge homeowners to have their caps maintained or replaced. If your chimney has never had a cap, we strongly recommend you have on installed. These features are, without a doubt, the easiest way to avoid preventable damage that could necessitate costly repairs and potentially put you at risk of serious danger.
Top-Quality Chimney Cap Maintenance and Installations
At Chimney King, our crew of highly trained technicians provides comprehensive chimney cap care. Our team will thoroughly inspect the cap to determine what condition it’s in. If it’s in good shape but just needs a cleaning, we’ll use our proven techniques to ensure all soot, debris, and dirt is completely removed to improve airflow.
If your chimney cap is damaged, we’ll remove the existing one and replace it with a new, high-quality, durable cap; if it’s missing, we’ll properly install a new one. If your chimney has never had a cap and you’d like to have one installed (which we highly recommend), our team will take care of it for you. Whether you need your existing or missing cap replaced or you’re having a new one installed for the first time, the pros at Chimney King will make sure that it’s set properly. Our technicians will properly prep the exterior of your chimney and secure the cap in place so that it’s safe and secure.
At Chimney King, we have an extensive collection of the highest quality, most durable chimney caps to choose from. Available in a variety of styles and finishes, we’ll help you find an option that will enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home – and work with your budget, too.
For Fast, Efficient, Reliable, and Affordable Chimney Cap Services, Contact Chimney King Today!
At Chimney King, we specialize in all aspects of chimney care – including caps. Whether your chimney cap needs to be maintained or you need to have a new one installed, you can count on our crew to deliver the fast, efficient, reliable, and affordable services you expect. To learn more about chimney cap maintenance and installations, or to schedule an appointment, call 516-766-1666 today! We always provide free estimates, and offer military and senior discounts, too!
- Learn more about Glen Head, NY 11545
- Open a Glen Head, NY map
- Find the Glen Head, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Glen Head, NY pharmacies
- View the current Glen Head, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Glen Head, NY public and private schools
- Glen Head, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State