Chimney King: A Leading Port Washington, NY Chimney Repair Company
With 35 years of experience, Chimney King is the first company that Nassau County residents turn to when they’re in need of chimney care. Fully licensed and insured, they specialize in all areas of chimney care, including maintenance, repair, and cleaning. All work is performed by local firefighters who are truly passionate about ensuring the safety of Port Washington, NY homeowners. From safety inspections to new liner installations, when it comes to chimney care, Chimney King does it all.
There’s nothing better than gathering with your loved ones in front of the fireplace and soaking up the warmth of a roaring fire on a cold winter’s night. But if your chimney is damaged in any way, your fireplace can go from one of the most delightful features of your home to one of the deadliest. A damaged chimney is a serious hazard; even small, seemingly insignificant problems can spell disaster.
Even if your chimney looks like it’s in good condition, major problems could be hiding inside of it; problems that only a certified and experienced chimney expert can spot. That’s why, before you even think about lighting another fire, you should schedule an inspection with a reputable chimney repair specialist, like Chimney King. Our highly trained and experienced technicians will assess the structure from top to bottom to ensure that it is in proper working order. If we spot any signs of damage, we’ll make the necessary repairs, quickly and affordable. There’s nothing more important than the safety of your family, and at Chimney King, the safety of our clients is our top priority.
Why Chimney Repairs are Crucial for Your Safety
A chimney might add charm and character to your home, but it does much more than that; it plays an integral role in fireplace safety. A chimney directs the by-products of combustion, including heat, smoke, and toxic fumes, out of your home. If the structure is damaged in any way, every time you light a fire, you and your family are at risk of being exposed to the following dangers:
- Fire. Each year, damaged chimneys cause countless house fires throughout the country. A chimney guides excessive heat and embers out of your home, but if it’s damaged or blocked by an obstruction, heat, and embers can seep out of the structure and into the walls. Chimney fires spread quickly and can cause serious injuries to costly damages.
- Toxic fumes. Fires produce dangerous gases, like carbon monoxide. This odorless, colorless gas can have serious side effects on your health; excessive exposure can even lead to death. If the chimney is damaged, you and your family may be unknowingly inhaling life-threatening carbon monoxide and other toxic fumes.
- Collapse. Chimneys that are constructed of stone, brick, and mortar can collapse if any of these masonry materials are damaged. Exposure to high temperature and exterior elements, such as moisture, can damage the masonry, weaken the structure, and eventually, the entire chimney could collapse.
The best way to avoid these dangerous is by scheduling regular inspections with an experienced chimney repair specialist. An annual inspection prior to the start of the cold weather season is recommended; however, if you use your fireplace on a regular basis, having it assessed a few times a year is highly recommended.
Common Causes of Chimney Damage
No matter how well-constructed a chimney may be, it can sustain damage. Some of the most common causes of chimney damage include:
- Moisture. Moisture is a leading cause of chimney damage. Chimneys that are constructed of masonry materials are especially prone to moisture damage. Brick, stone, and mortar are porous. Whenever it rains or snows, these materials absorb moisture. As the temperatures drop, the trapped moisture freezes and the masonry contracts; as the temperature rises, the trapped moisture thaws and the masonry expands. Repeated contracting and expanding can lead to cracks in the bricks, stone, and mortar. Over time, those cracks can affect the structural integrity and function of the chimney, which could lead to a number of major issues.
- Repeated use. Every time you light a fire, your chimney is exposed to harsh conditions. The by-products of fire, including excessive heat, embers, smoke, and creosote, can wear away the various components of the structure. Constant exposure to these by-products can be extremely damaging.
- Poor workmanship. Poorly constructed chimneys are more prone to damage, as they are less able to withstand exterior elements and the by-products of combustion. If a chimney isn’t built properly, it’s almost guaranteed to fail.
These are just some of the common causes of chimney damage; there are a variety of other factors that can contribute to the degradation of the structure. In order to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your home from the dangers that are associated with a damaged chimney, having a highly experienced chimney repair company inspect and repair your chimney on a regular basis is an absolute must.
Chimney King: Nassau County’s Leading Chimney Repair Company
Chimney King, a leading Port Washington, NY chimney care company, offers a fast, efficient, and affordable repair services. Using state-of-the-art equipment and the most advanced techniques, our technicians will conduct a detailed assessment of your chimney. If any signs of trouble are spotted, we’ll perform any necessary repairs to ensure your chimney is in proper working order. All work is performed by local firefighters, so you can be sure that your safety is in the very best of hands with Chimney King.
To schedule an appointment or to learn more about their Nassau chimney repair services, call 516-766-1666 today! An associate is standing by and ready to assist you.
- Learn more about Port Washington, NY 11050 11051 11052 11053 11054 11055
- Open a Port Washington, NY map
- Find the Port Washington, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Port Washington, NY pharmacies
- View the current Port Washington, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Port Washington, NY public and private schools
- Port Washington, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State