Chimney King: Ensuring the Safety of Nassau County Homeowners for More than 35 Years
Chimney King, a full-service chimney care specialist, has been ensuring the safety of Syosset, NY homeowners for more than 35 years. Our fully licensed and insured company provides a full range of chimney services, including inspections, cleaning, and repairs. Using the most advanced tools and proven techniques, we deliver the most efficient results to ensure every chimney we work on is in working properly and safe to use.
Experience You Can Count On
A chimney may add charm to the aesthetics of your home, but it does much more than that. Each time you light a fire, it vents smoke, heat, and toxic gases out of your house; in other words, a chimney plays a vital role in fireplace safety. If it isn’t functioning properly, your home and your family could be exposed to serious dangers, therefore, when it comes to chimney repair, it’s crucial that you select a company that has ample knowledge and experience. At Chimney King, we offer the knowledge and experience you can count on to ensure your home and your family are safe and sound each time you light a fire.
Our team is comprised of firefighters who have been serving the local community for years, so you can be sure that your safety is our top priority. Additionally, each technician receives extensive training in all aspects of chimney care and repair to assure any issues are properly identified and corrected. We’ve been serving the residents of Nassau County with premium-quality chimney repair services for more than 35 years and have a proven track record of success.
Our extensive experience, commitment to safety, and our unrivaled customer care that has made Chimney King one of the most trusted chimney repair companies in Syosset, NY, and that’s something we’re truly proud of.
Common Types of Chimney Damage
No chimney repair is too big or too small for Chimney King! We understand that even minor damage can lead to a major disaster. That’s why our technicians will examine every nook and cranny of your chimney for any signs of trouble, and if we spot any issues, we’ll make the necessary repairs.
Some of the most common types of chimney damage we correct include:
- Spalling. Spalling is a common problem that affects masonry chimneys. Bricks, stone, and mortar are porous materials, which means that when they’re exposed to moisture, they absorb it. When moisture penetrates masonry work, it expands and contracts as the temperature rises and falls, which can lead to cracks in a chimney. In Nassau County, where wet weather and high humidity are common, spaling isn’t unusual. It’s a serious problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible, as it can weaken the structure and increase the likelihood of a collapse.
- Shaling. A chimney is lined with a flue, which helps to guide smoke, heat, and gas from your fireplace up and out of your house. It also protects the chimney and your house from high temperatures and embers. Age, repeated use, and poor construction can weaken the materials that a flue is constructed of, which can cause pieces to fall off and collect in your firebox. Shaling is a major issue that can lead to a chimney fire, and therefore needs to be immediately identified and corrected.
- Cap problems. A cap sits on the top of the chimney and prevents exterior elements from making their way into the structure. If the cap is missing or damaged, leaves, twigs, dirt, moisture, and even animals can enter your chimney, which can lead to an obstruction. Obstructions prevent proper ventilation and can increase the risk of smoke damage and exposure to toxic gases, such as carbon monoxide. Obstructions also increase the risk of fire. If a chimney cap is damaged or missing, immediate repair or replacement is necessary.
- Crown damage. A crown helps to protect a chimney from moisture damage. Constructed of concrete or metal, it encompasses the uppermost portion of your chimney and acts as a gutter of sorts, guiding water away from the chimney so that it doesn’t fall into or collect along the top of the structure. Poor installation and exposure to the elements can damage a chimney crown, which can lead to costly repairs and even increase the risk of collapse.
- Leaks. There are a number of reasons why chimney leaks occur; broken or missing caps, damaged crowns, spaling, and problems with flashing (the material that connects the roof and the chimney) are just some of the causes of chimney leaks. Whatever the reason, leaks aren’t only a nuisance; they can lead to serious structural problems and need to be properly located and repaired as soon as possible.
- Damper problems. The damper is usually situated at the bottom of a chimney, right above the firebox. It opens, allowing heat, smoke, and fumes to travel up the chimney when the fireplace is in use, and it closes, preventing heated air from escaping through the chimney when the fireplace isn’t being used. If the damper is damaged, it can get stuck, which can lead to major problems. If you’re having problems opening or closing your damper, do not use your fireplace; contact a chimney repair expert right away.
At Chimney King, we’ll thoroughly inspect your chimney. If we detect any of these issues – or any other problems – we’ll perform the necessary repairs to ensure your chimney is functioning properly. When our team is on the job, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home and your family are safe and sound.
Schedule Your Nassau County Chimney Inspection and Repair Today!
From liner and cap replacements to new damper installations, Chimney King offers all types of chimney repair services. To schedule an appointment for an inspection or a correction, contact us today! Dial 516-766-1666 and we’ll send one of our technicians to your location at a time that’s most convenient for you. Fast, affordable, and efficient chimney repair is what you want, and with Chimney King, that’s exactly what we deliver!
- Learn more about Syosset, NY 11791 11773
- Open a Syosset, NY map
- Find the Syosset, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Syosset, NY pharmacies
- View the current Syosset, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Syosset, NY public and private schools
- Syosset, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State